Pax: Faucet, Zebra, Pavarotti, Heater, Tails (LIFO), Wrong Way (VLIFO!)
In some sports, 10 is a perfect score. Gymnastics and diving are such sports. So I got to thinking, what would be the “perfect” workout? What would be a “10”? How about:
10 sets of
10 reps of
That will give you 1,000 reps.
Warm up in the parking lot:
- SSH IC X 15
- Cotton Pickers IC X 15
- Windmills IC X 15
Being just a bit devious, I had packed a bunch of 5# coupons in the back of my truck. Tails arrived just in time to join us as we picked a coupon for our mosey to the upper parking lot where we we proceeded with…
OYO, do 10 reps of:
1. Over Head Squat with Coupon
2. High Knees
3. Butt Kickers
4. Imperial Walkers (both sides = 1 rep)
5. Jump Squats
Hold Deep Squat until all Pax completed.
6. Pickle Pointers with Coupon
7. Freddie Mercuries (both sides = 1 rep)
8. Hollow Body Rockers
9. Nut Crackers
Plank until all Pax completed.
Rinse/Repeat for 10 sets = 1,000 reps.
Then the workout got serious.
We just happened to be right next to the pull up bar (by my design ) so we could see how much more we could squeeze out of our hour. Dividing into 3 groups so we could rotate through the bar, we did two sets of five reps of:
- Turkish Get-ups (it’s a thing. Look it up) with coupon (5 right side, set 1; 5 left side set 2);
- Yurpees (Burpees with a clapping Merkin};
- Knees to Elbows from the pull up bar (more murderous on the core and still delivering stress to the lats).
I wish I could come up with a more challenging workout for the young bucks, but this is the best I could do.