Falcon Hill- Thursday- 11/29/2018
Pax- Cobra and Goldstar
Only three pax braved the cold morning today, with temperatures sitting at 24 degrees.
We began by stating the F3 mission and going over the disclaimer
Circled up (triangled) and stretched out
Mosey on to FTH
We ran backwards up the hill and then ran back down and immediately ran forward up the hill. We did this four times. After the first one we did 10 burpees, after the second we did 25 merkins, after the third one we did 50 LBC, and the last one we did 30 squats.
Slowsey back to the track and run one lap to get back to the flag
We did 10 merkins, 10 wide merkins, and 10 diamond merkins. Then sprinted 50 yards and back.
We did 30 LBC, 30 leg lifts, and 30 flutter kicks. Then sprinted 50 yards and back.
We did 20 merkins, 10 wide merkins, 5 diamond merkins. Did wall sits for 90 seconds.
We took a mosey around the track.
Came back and stretched
PIC BY FLAG
“There is no such thing as over-training. There is only under-recovery.” Bobby Maximus
Conditions: A bit windy, 26 degrees
1 Mile Ruck, 10#
Toes to the Bar
Scorpion/Step Through/Back Bridge
Tabata Jump Rope
We’re on the back side of Thanksgiving. I literally picked up 5 pounds between Wednesday and Saturday last week. Three of them are gone. In another week I’ll be back to Pre-Thanksgiving weight.
Where will you be in another week? After the first of the year? Holding your own? Or being owned by the calories calling?
You can always find a goooooooooooood reason to not work out. But it’s like I read on a plaque about forty years ago: “When you wear your body out (by not taking care of it), where will you live?”
It’ll still be in your body. You’re going to hurt, so you might as well hurt in a healthy manner. Saturday at Delco Park (DeHavilland), 0730.
DATE – 11-27-18
A.O. – Falcon Hill
Q – Tails
PAX – Goldstar, Heater, Broady
PAX TOTAL – 4
- temp 24 degrees and windy. Little snow on the ground, but track is clean.
- Warm up stretches 5 min
- Lap the track 5 min
- Plank/leg raise intervals 5 min
- Lap the track/mountain climber intervals 5 min
- Plank/leg raise intervals 5 min
I’ve read recently that walking backwards can help your memory (seriously, you can Google it!). So I thought I’d experiment with it, and yep, it works. I will never forget exactly where I tripped because I couldn’t see where I was going….
Conditions: Very windy and 27 degrees.
1 mile ruck with 10#
PVC shoulder workout
4# club bell
round the world
4 minute jump rope
OK, I was pulling your leg on that opening. I didn’t fall, but I did walk backwards some. It just seems like a natural direction for me.
Conditions: Windy 48 degrees
Pax: Cobra, Zebra
- 20 SSH IC
- 10 Windmill IC
- 20 Cotton Pickers IC
- Arm Circles
- Hip Circles
Mosey to the Picnic Shelter
Tabata Insanity – Tabata Protocol (20 second exercise, 10 rest, 8 cycles)
- American Hammers
- Picnic Bench Dips
- Air Squats
- Merkins with Shoulder Taps
Mosey back to the flag for:
- Calf Stretch
- Deep Squat Held in Position, followed by:
Slowsy back to the picnic shelter (Cobra left his hat….)
DATE – 11-24-18
A.O. – Dehavilland
Q – Tails
PAX – Wilson, Heater, Wrong Way, Zebra, Faucet, Bone-daddy,
PAX TOTAL – 7
- Really great weather! Cool temp and humid. It had rained a lot the night before, so everything was wet. We started off with a jog around the lake. My plan was to take the pax to a shelter, so we would have a dry spot to be on our backs. As we headed that way I saw that Bone-daddy and Wrong Way we’re pulling in, late. So we stopped at the gazebo to do some dynamic stretches.
- After this we went to the shelter.
- 200 SSH IN CADENCE – 20 count sets, 5 sets with 10 seconds breaks.
- 100 Squats (same format)
- 20 push-ups, 50 shoulder touches (same format)
- 30 second plank x 4
- 30 second leg plank x 4
- Jog back around the lake, stopping from time to time to do some shoulder stretches.
- Stopped at the BMX track and considered running it. Decided against it, as we didn’t want to mess up the track while it was mud. Will try again when dry.
COT – Giving thanks.
“Thanksgiving was yesterday!”
Yeah, I got busy. But not too busy to post for a workout.
AO – Higgins
Date – 11/22/2018
Time – 0530
15#, 1 mile ruck
Followed by going to the grocery store that opens at 0600 for the last minute items M needed for the family festivities.
I’ve already been trained to get up early. It paid off this morning.